It’s the end of 2020 and what a year it has been. Good riddance! Who would have thought we would be here a year ago? Hopefully by this time next year Covid will be in the rearview (or at least managed) and some of you will enjoying the beauty of the Antipodes.
As we look forward to 2021, this note provides an update on the state of NZ travel. We have thrown in a few predictions for good measure. However, our guesses are just that at this point- based on hearsay and conversations.
We wait patiently until more official statements are made from the New Zealand government… but in the meantime our crystal ball for 2021 tells us the following:
- The trans-Tasman bubble between Australia and New Zealand will allow seamless travel in March/April 2021. This will be too late to make a dent in tourism spend for the 20/21 season.
- However, the procedures learned from the travel bubble will smooth entry and be applied to visitors from the rest of the world. North Americans will be allowed to enter just in time for the 2021/22 season (November 2021).
- Accommodations, properties and tours will have changed in New Zealand- some very much for the better!
- Air New Zealand will have limited routes to New Zealand- our years of expertise and partnership will come in handy in helping book end-to-end flights Internationally and within New Zealand
- The new Tourism Minister Stuart Nash understands a sustainable New Zealand and his leadership will lead to a better experience- this will serve you well!
- The fly fishing will be fantastic- with many fish never having been presented a fly for many months… if ever!
So there you have it!
We will continue to keep our blog up to date and will be sure to reach out when there is light at the end of the tunnel. In the meantime, we will complete the last of the refunds and work hard for all of those who have delayed or started planning their upcoming trips.
If interested to visit New Zealand we encourage you to please reach out! While we may not have all of the details and answers today we are happy to register your interest and help to begin on higher-level details!
The Best of New Zealand